Purchasing a new bike or car is always a dream for every Delhiites. Registration of a new vehicle in Delhi is very easy as the dealer themselves do this for the customer, just you need collect your vehicle registration copy from the dealership. Where as re registration of vehicle is a tedious task , when you move to a new city.
Re registration basically requires when you have to move to a different states and have and have to register your vehicle there to avoid traffic challan. If you own a private vehicle and moved recently to Delhi and want to use this for long term in Delhi then you must re register your vehicle in Transport Department of Delhi.
The document required for re registration is pretty much the same , required at the time of new vehicle registration. Address Proof
- ID Proof
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Valid vehicle pollution certificate
- valid vehicle insurance
- No objection certificate – NOC
The first step in this whole procedure is getting a NOC from your current RTO , While re registration your vehicle you have to pay life time road tax to the state government. There are two modes of obtaining a NOC, either online or offline mode.
To get this done you required to have below listed documents for car or bike re registration in Delhi.
- Appropriately filled Form No. 20
- Appropriately filled Form No. 27 for issue of new registration number
- Form 28: Application for NOC
- Form 29: Notice of trade of vehicle proprietorship
- Form 33: Notice of progress in address
- Form 30: Application for trade of proprietorship
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Police Certificate
- Vehicle Insurance report
- Address assertion (one of the running with):
- Ration Card
- Voter ID Card
- Vehicle insurance policy
- Remuneration slips issued by an administration office
- Request by the cheerful gave declaration with respect to by a Notary, Executive, or First Class Judicial Magistrate
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Financier if the vehicle has been purchased using a credit card
- Road tax
Form 20 : To be made in duplicate if the vehicle is held under an agreement of Hire Purchase/Lease/Hypothecation and duplicate copy with the endorsement of Registering Authority to be returned to the Financier simultaneous on Registration of motor vehicle . Click here to download Form 20
Form 28 : This is used to get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the registering authority, you will have to download and fill Form 28. This form confirms that there are no pending taxes, Challans, criminal records, or any kind of liabilities on the vehicle that can stop you from selling it. Click here to download Form 28 , NOC is valid for 6 Months , Make sure your chassis number and engine number are correct
Form 27: Application for Assignment of New Registration Mark to a Motor Vehicle. If you wish to transfer your automobile from one state to another. Click here to download Form 27
Form 29 : Notice of transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle ; Click here to download Form 29
Form 30: It is a report of the transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle. Click here to download Form 30
Form 33: Application for Change of Address to get Recorded in the Certificate of Registration. Sometimes vehicle owners may change their address and relocate their automobile from one site to another. Click here to download Form 33
Submit the dully filled form to your nearest RTO office ; Estimated time for the process is said be 30 working days.